UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (formerly STFC)
Team Leader and Software EngineerJanuary 2019 to present
Leading a small developer team to design, develop, maintain, operate and support software for experiment proposals and outcomes at scientific facilities.
Software EngineerAugust 2017 to January 2019
Designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting software for experiment proposals and outcomes at scientific facilities.
- Managing apprentices and graduates, leading the delivery of tasks and projects
- Replaced legacy proposal review software using project management and agile practices
- Integrated user management and reporting software with MailChimp with Spring
- Added user deactivation to C# .NET and Java multi-tiered web applications
- Improved accuracy of SQL reporting tools, ensuring user data is always up to date
Graduate Software EngineerAugust 2015 to August 2017
- Developed core features of websites for the National Laboratories on SharePoint
- Introduced Maven to replace existing Ant build tools for Java web applications
- Reviewed web applications for SQL vulnerabilities and provided fixes
- Upgraded existing applications from JDK 1.6 to JDK 1.8 and Java EE 6 to Java EE 7
- Presented technical work at wider group meetings
Royal Holloway, University of London2012 to 2015First Class BSc Computer Science (Hons)
Subjects incuded: Software Engineering (Lifecycle & Development Methodologies), Object Oriented Programming & Functional Programming, Algorithms & Complexity, Relational Database Design, Concurrency, Data Visualisation & Machine Learning
Additional Skills and Hobbies
- Professional Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS)
- Enjoys tech meetups including JSOxford and Oxford Geek Nights
- Amateur photographer, plays team-based tabletop games, avid reader, loves to cook, enjoys running and hiking.